The Postgraduate Certificate in Sport Management (PGC) is designed to equip students with the tools and skills to excel in this burgeoning industry sector. The World Academy of Sport (WAoS) understands and actively works across numerous aspects of the sport sector and in many countries and cultures so can provide students with the most relevant and up to date issues and topics that are occurring throughout the industry.
This knowledge is important to learn from experienced industry practitioners. Our teaching methodology focuses on providing students with experiential learning. This places students at the forefront of applying their skills through project work or internships along with problem solving techniques as required with specially developed case studies.
The programme fee is £5,500 which is inclusive of tuition fees, lunches and refreshments during the workshops and all programme reading materials.
Benefits of attending
- Gain new insights into what you can achieve as an inspirational sport leader
- Learn more about yourself as a leader and your ability to manage
- Acquire an enhanced ability to build high‐quality relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a broad network across the international sport community
- Gain exposure to new diverse perspectives on global sport business trends that will shape the economic, social and competitive environment
- Interact with world‐class faculty and gain from their knowledge and ideas
- Flexible residential workshop based programme schedule to fit with the demands of work
Who should attend?
The PGC is intended for highly motivated and ambitious individuals who typically have a background in the sport industry and are looking to further develop their long term career. It is particularly suited to individuals including:
- Management of International Federations looking to develop business acumen specifically related to the sport industry
- Management with functional roles in large National Federations
- CEO or senior management in developing or small National Federations
- Coaches and high performance directors interested in creating more robust athlete pathway programmes
- Professional and elite athletes considering post competitive career development
- Management from professional leagues and clubs who are charged with implementing revenue generating strategies
- Brand managers of sporting good manufactures and retailers
- Facility managers responsible for maximizing usage.
Topics covered in the programme include:
- Finance and Accounting
- Operations Management
- Marketing and Brand Building
- Strategic Planning
- Event Management
- Legacy of Major Events
- Human Resource Management
- Management of High Performance Programmes
- Broadcast and Social Media
This programme is being delivered as follows: